I wish I could say that I took this one myself, but I found it here — a total bonbon of a mid-century bungalow, listed as a "vacant" development property for half a million bugs Canadian. Earliest newspaper mentions are from 1950, I would have guessed a '45-'50 build.
Curiously, old aerial photos (1928) and top maps (1948) reveal that a flood-prone stream known as Cyrville Creek, passed directly in front of where this house would be built, literally cutting diagonally across the street on its way from Cyrville (obs) toward New Edinburgh, a drop of ~50 feet, from <250 to <200 per the a/m topo map.
A 1965 aerial view 314 Montfort (highlighted gold) captures something we seldom see any more — sheets drying on a clothesline. The aqua line shows the approximate course of Cyrville Creek prior to homebuilding.
An Ottawa Journal photo from April 7 1947 shows Cyrville Creek flooding Montreal Road. The creek crossed the road at the Granville/Lafontaine intersection.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.